Saturday, December 22, 2012

A New Beginning

This is the start of a new beginning. A new year. A new blog. A new life. I don't know if anyone will ever read what I write, but I love to blog, and I hope this will help. It's always easier to put your words down on paper, or in this case, online. I feel like this is a way to sift through thoughts and emotions. Maybe this way I can help other people feel like they have something to relate to.

I am a bride-to-be and I couldn't be more thrilled. I really wish it was May already, so I could marry the man I am so excited to someday call my husband. Until then however, I have some work to do. In college I used to play soccer and run. I love running. Absolutely love it. But, after a serious knee surgery in February, I have been unable to run. That, in addition to graduating college, getting a full-time engineering job, and wedding planning, I have found myself with little time nor motivation to eat healthy and workout. Thanks to a little bet that J-dawg and I have made, I have to start working out and losing weight, otherwise, I'll lose. I don't like to lose. :)

So this blog I hope will provide motivation for me to eat healthy, get back into exercising, and slim down enough that I won't have to worry about my wedding dress being too tight. :) I am so excited to start the new year and be able to focus on all of these things without the temptation of so much food. I have couple days worth of family get-togethers ahead, but after that I plan to start my routine and see if I can't kick my fiance's butt in this competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment